Amazing Bible Rebind Project
A few months ago a reader named Nick asked my opinion about a custom Bible project to combine several Bibles into one to create the ultimate study Bible. I knew it would be an amazing Bible, but I also knew that it was ambitious. I also knew this ambitious project would require an amazing Bible rebinder to pull it off. I recommended that he approach Ben’s Bibles.
Nick spent several months working on this idea, deciding exactly what he wanted in this ultimate Study Bible. He decided to combine the Life Application Study Bible with the topical portions and Cruden’s Concordance of the Dugan Analytical Study Bible and portions of the Thompson Chain Reference Bible.
Here are the notes that I got from Nick:
- Black Kangaroo with 1/2” yapp
- Burgundy Lambskin Leather Liner
- Gold gild line on liner
- Joined the Life Application with the Thompson Chain and the Dugan (see below for specifications on what was joined)
- Burgundy under gold pages edges
- Three Black Ribbons
- Red and white head and tail bands
- Ribbed spine with “Sword Cross”
- Greek Orthodox symbol on front cover
- John 1:1 verse gold stamped on inside of front cover
- My name gold stamped on inside of back cover
- The pages of 3 different bible text blocks were lined up and trimmed and put together
- Cyclopedia of Topics & Text
- General Index
- Comprehensive Bible Helps
- The Whole Bible Arranged in Subjects
- Alphabetical Index of Subjects
- Cruden’s Concordance
Gallery (click image to view)
I am amazed at what Nick and Ben have created with this rebind. I knew this would be difficult and it would be a large Bible, but I also knew that it would be impressive. I am impressed. It also had another effect… now I want one 🙂
How would you create your ultimate Bible? Let us know in the comments.
Photos supplied by Nick
Wow, that is really something else. I have a 3 questions for Nick…
1. How heavy is it?
2. How long did it take?
3. How much did it cost?
1. My scale can’t register it but it feels like 4-5 lbs
2. About 4.5 months
3. Cost is relative. Don’t want to talk prices. To me, it was worth it due to all the work put into it and the final product
Thanks, I hope you enjoy that for many years to come.
That’s a cool idea and a great final product!
My ultimate study Bible would be a combination of the Cultural Background Study Bible and the Key Words Study Bible. I don’t know if it would be possible, but that would be a useful Study Bible that gives less ‘answers’ than a traditional study Bible.
Excellent!! Can you reach out to me regarding this bible please